We share your concern about the increasing cost of dental care. Our fees are the usual and customary for this area. If you have questions regarding our fees, we will be happy to discuss them with you. We feel our fees are very reasonable for the quality of services we provide and are based on many factors.
As a total service and in an effort to deep fees as low as possible while maintaining a high level of professional, quality care, we have the following financial policies:
- Fees are expected to be paid at the time professional services are rendered.
- For major services we request a deposit of one half at the beginning of treatment and the balance at the time treatment is completed.
- We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- Accounts over 30 days may have a finance charge added.
If there are special circumstances that prevent you from paying within one of the above schedules, arrangements must be discussed in advance with our Office Administrator. We prefer you call before your scheduled appointment to arrange satisfactory payment rather than cancel appointments or avoid treatment and recalls.
- We will gladly file your insurance claim electronically as a courtesy to you.
- We will work to maximize your insurance benefits.
- The patient must pay their estimated portion on the day of service.
- The patient remains responsible for any fees the Insurance Company may deny or any portion not covered. Please remember you are ultimately responsible for payment of your treatment. Insurance is a benefit and does not cover every aspect of treatment. The contract is between you and your insurance carrier.
Medicaid and North Carolina Health Choice (NCHC)
Medicaid and NCHC are accepted.
Appointments must be kept and on time.
Co-payment must be paid at each appointment.Back to Patient Info